Change in perspective changes outcomes.
Do you feel inspired at work?
Do you feel inspired when you are around your personal or work VIPs?
What if… inspiration doesn’t happen TO you, but it can be generated IN you?
Today’s invitation for all of us is to PAUSE, whenever we don’t feel inspired and motivated. Perhaps when you even try to avoid and postpone something.
- Notice – what are the thoughts you are thinking about the task, and the meaning of it?
(e.g. I hate doing this thing. Why do I always have to do this and nobody else is helping me?)
- Give yourself some compassion at that moment. Notice and name the emotions that come up for you. Is it frustration? Fear? Exhaustion? Anger? Notice and feel, whatever there is to feel. Even when it’s unpleasant. Know, that you are not alone in this – all of us feel that way sometimes.
- Link the task to something that matters to you, and see how it is connected. What do you value the most? E.g. if you are a parent, you want to be able to provide for your children. And therefore, even when doing a work that is not fulfilling you at the moment, you know that it will bring the money needed.
- Or, if you wish you did something adventurous and fun instead, what if you could turn the boring task ahead into a fun one? How could you make it more fun & enjoyable? And so on.
- What we focus on, influences what we see. And what we see, may make us more motivated and inspired, or less.
When we pause intentionally, we reclaim the power of our focus, and can choose the next direction and what we want to focus on, based on how we want to feel.
So if you today don’t feel inspired, pause. Perhaps there is a different way to look at things ahead of you. ?
Originally shared on LinkedIn